13 Sept 2005

Lui's First Contributor...Keeping up with the Jones'

It had to happen eventually. Inevitability, Human Nature, Inebriation. Whichever, someone actually sent me a joke for the list. Hurrah and so on. Thank you very much Anaglyph for making an old demon feel slightly angelic for a few moments...

Please pop over to Anaglyph's own particular orifice at tetherdcow for some interesting... 'stuff'.

Pray silence for the following:

A guy goes to his doctor.

The Doctor says "Come in, sit down, what seems to be the trouble?"

The guy says "Well Doc, I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping. Whenever I lie down on my left side, I'm just about to drift off and then suddenly I hear quite clearly the strains of "The Green Green Grass of Home". It keeps me awake all night."

"OK," says the Doctor, "have you tried turning over and sleeping on the right side?"

"Yes, I have", says the guy "but then, just as I'm about to drift off, I hear "Delilah" quite loudly. It goes all night and keeps me awake too".

"Hmmm," says the Doctor, gravely, "I know exactly what the problem is. You have Tom Jones Syndrome."

"Heck," says the guy, "I've never come across that before - is it common?"

The Doctor shrugs and says "It's not unusual".

1 comment:

anaglyph said...

I actually tuned in for the 'small sad pixies wearing g-strings' but was sadly disappointed. So I retaliated with the joke. Now, where are the pixies?