26 Sept 2005

Not The Pushy Type

A couple were asleep in bed when the loud ringing of the doorbell disturbed their sleep. The man jumps out of bed and rushes to open the front door to be met with a rather drunk man.

"Can ye give me a push pal?" says the man.

"It's three in the morning and I have to be up at six for my work, away you go." said the sleep deprived man as he slammed the door closed and headed back to bed.

"Who was it" asked his wife,

As he explained, she interrupted him: "You were a bit heartless, remember last year when you worked late and your car broke down, you had to knock on a stranger's door for help at four o'clock in the morning and ask for help."

"I suppose you're right, and I will never get back to sleep now anyway."

He gets up, dresses, heads downstairs and opening the front door he peers into the pitch darkness.

"Hello, are you still there?"

"Yes, I'm still here."

"Where are you, do you still need a push?"

"Yes I do still need a push."

"Its so dark I cant see you, where are you?"

"Over here."

"Where?"


"Over here... on the swing."

No comments: