30 Sept 2005

Wasser Matter?

A farmer was out on his Welsh hillside tending his flock of sheep one day when he saw a man drinking with cupped hands from the stream which ran down from one of his fields.
Realising the danger he shouted over to the man "Paid a yfed yr dwr! Mae'n uch-y-fi!"

The man at the stream lifted his head and put a cupped hand to his ear, shrugged his shoulder at the farmer and carried on drinking.

Realising the man at the stream couldn't hear him the farmer moved closer.

"Paid fachgen! Dwr ych-y-fi Sheep Crappoio yn y dwr!"

Still the Walker couldn't hear the farmer, finally the farmer walked up to the man at the stream and said again,

"Dwr yn ych-y-fi, Sheep Crappoio yn y dwr, Dim drinkio"

"I'm dreadfully sorry my good man, I can't understand a word you say dear boy" said the walker in a fine English accent.

"Oh I see" said the farmer, "I was saying if you use both hands you can drink more."

No comments: