20 Jul 2005

Iraqi Strike-r

Liverpool Football Club are on the look out for some new talent and send a scout to Iraq where they find a fantastic new player. The Liverpool manager flies to Baghdad to watch him and is suitably impressed and arranges for him to come over to Anfield.

Two weeks later Liverpool are 2-0 down to Arsenal with only 30 mins left. The manager gives the young Iraqi striker the nod and on he goes. The lad is a sensation, scores 3 goals and wins the game for Liverpool.

When the player comes off the pitch he phones his mum to tell her about his first day in English football. "Hello mum, guess what - I played for half an hour today, scored 3 goals and won the game. Everybody loves me, the fans, the media, they all love me."

"Wonderful," says his mum, "Let me tell you about my day. while you were having a great time, your father got shot in the street, your sister and I were ambushed and beaten and your brother has joined a gang of looters."

The young lad is very upset, "What can I say mum, but I'm so sorry."

"Sorry?!!!!!" says his mum, "It's your fault we moved to Liverpool in the first place!"

No comments: