20 Jul 2005

Quotes - 10

"Everything to excess. Moderation is for monks."
~Lazarus Long

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
~Winston Churchill

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk."
~Thomas Edison

"It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive and probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper."
~Rod Serling

"I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it."
~Ashleigh Brilliant

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing."
~Wernher von Braun

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
~Albert Einstein

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
~Mark Twain

"If the human mind were simple enough to understand, we'd be too simple to understand it."
~Pat Bahn

"Only a mediocre man is always at his best."
~W. Somerset Maugham

No comments: